Free Domain Registrar

shadowayex

I plan on buying domain names later on down the road, but right now I can't afford to do so.I was wondering if there's any free domain registrars that anyone knows of. It doesn't have to be .com or anything major like that. I also run my own DNS server, so I really just need the registrar. If they'll do the DNS for free as well then that's no problem. I just need something that I can tell people "Go to www.mydomain.whatevericangetforfree" when I'm working on things that they want to check out.Anyone got anything?

.com domains only cost around $5 a year, come on... :)

Hmm, mine came with my hosting plan, so maybe it was subsidized. As far as I can see, $10 is around the baseline open price.But the point is, they are really cheap.

:) You're right, that is cheap. The problem lies where I have a car payment and insurance that I barely make each month. I'm struggling with money as is and $10 may not sound like much to you guys, but to me that's dinner for a week (yes, a week).That's why I'm trying to use as many free resources as possible. I'm working to find a way to make money using this stuff, but I don't have the money to spend to get to that point right now.When I do get a cash flow I'm going to do hosting through InMotion and get a domain name from there =D. Until then, free it's the most expensive I can get with this stuff.

Archived