<h Ref > Link There Link Is Broken (begginner Problem )

hansolo

i know there will be topics similar so i apoligise if they arebut i had the link to locate the next page the folder is located on the (c:drive) and the folder name is (pages )the html document is named (pge2.html)the btn name on the page (page 1)but the link is still broken <a href=c:pages/pge2.html/>page1</a>i ver also treid and put the pge2.html document in qoutes as show below <a href=c:pages/"pge2.html"/>page1</a>so i just wondered what is incorrect what i have done

<a href=c:pages/pge2.html/>page1</a>i ver also treid and put the pge2.html document in qoutes as show below <a href=c:pages/"pge2.html"/>page1</a>
<a href="pages/pge2.html" />page1</a>You don't need the C: prompt. You will only need it if you are calling something from another drive. However, if you are going to publish this as a live site then you will need to keep all your working files within a main folder (including sub-folders if so desired).Now if your pge2.html link is within the same /pages/ folder then you don't need to add that folder to the file (ulr) path.<a href="pge2.html" />page1</a>

yep thats wrked so i must remeber not to include an absolute path if the html document pages are in thethe same folderso just to confirm the code below this is correct and it does wrk now <a href="pge2.html">page1</a> the code below this is incorrect even though its the correct path so when is the below used if the page is not in the same folder<a href=C:/pagesfolder/"pge2.html">page1</a>thanks alot though cheers it is wrking now (if u can explain the which path to use so i wont make the same mistake nice 1)

yep thats wrked so i must remeber not to include an absolute path if the html document pages are in thethe same folderso just to confirm the code below this is correct and it does wrk now <a href="pge2.html">page1</a> the code below this is incorrect even though its the correct path so when is the below used if the page is not in the same folder<a href=C:/pagesfolder/"pge2.html">page1</a>thanks alot though cheers it is wrking now (if u can explain the which path to use so i wont make the same mistake nice 1)
Attributes containing The / character require quotes around them:
<a href="C:/pagesfolder/pge2.html">page1</a>

Archived