Where did you hear about w3schools?

alzable

Where did you hear about w3schools?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you hear about w3schools?

• A search engine
    • A book/magazine
    • A friend
    • Another website/forum
    • I guessed (now THAT would be interesesting!)
    • Other (please specify)

I learned about this site from my Web Design teacher at mi high school.
I am friends with hellohello and I also heard from my Web Design teacher.
Interesting... is your teacher part of the forums? What has he taught you by now? Any mentions of W3C (that's not W3Schools!) so far? Please don't tell me he teaches you to use tables for layouts!

Heh - our teacher told us about W3Schools too - it is like the only resource we use when learning web design... :)In our classes they don't really care how we make our layouts, because for most people it takes the entire course (4 weeks) to get their's to even work properly :)

I first learn about W3C when I first started to get interested in learning HTML. Someone on some long forgotten forum suggested W3C schools for the tutorials....and well.....the rest is history :)

I asked Hackinthebox what would be a good place to get reliable information about html and they said the W3C. Hack In The Box is based around security issues and you have to be grilled for being a Bot before they give you the chance to convince them you're human: I obviously failed the test! :) https://forum.hackinthebox.org/

Someone on some long forgotten forum suggested W3C schools for the tutorials....and well.....the rest is history :)
Yeah, like Justsomeguy brought up, there's really no W3C schools...

I receive Microsoft's Magazine, and one edition had a short article about the W3Schools website. I think I found the forum that way.Interesting article that told that the website had 30 mill visitors / month (I think it was back in 2005/ 2006). The article stated that the site was about being one of the 1000 most visited sites on the internet. That is great.What has impressed me, is that I often find hits from the site on the first page in Google. So the people should also be clever on SEO.The competition is increasing day for day. Some day's ago I watched the news from Cnn, that I watch nearly daily. There was a short story that India has now started to outsource IT-jobs to China and USA. They are so competitive that some Indian companies can pay the relatively high US wages and outsource projects to the USA.

What has impressed me, is that I often find hits from the site on the first page in Google. So the people should also be clever on SEO.
No. Not really. Google respects links to the site from other sites more then any other SEO optimization you could imagine. And for such links to happen, a site needs to have a unique content. With it's uniquely easy to learn tutorials, everyone is linking to them, thus pushing them at the very top of Google's list. Even if their site was totally invalid, not well formed, etc. it would still appear at the top if it just keepts it's navigation (since people often search for "HTML" or "CSS" for example, and that is available there).In short: Content is king.

Note my minimalistic SEO rule for Web 1.0 sites.SEO Rule: Write quality content with simple clean code and and relevant anchor text in IBL's (if you have control over some of these - linking to this site / page etc.).There is much more in the way you present content on your site for exmple, writing for the web, the inverted pyramide style of writing, lateral thinking, semantic thinking, the long tail of SEO etc. Think like a bot, but write for human benings.Great content without IBL's is like a regatta without wind.

You are joking?? No, you're not joking!Tell me more................like............you do validate things through the W3C? :)
You are joking? lol, the validation IS done by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) not W3Schools.

I heard about it from vchris.
Is everyone around that guy a good eye candy man (i.e. a good designer) or is it just a coincidence with you?

You are joking?? No, you're not joking!Tell me more................like............you do validate things through the W3C? :)
Let's review.The W3C: is an international consortium defines specifications for many internet technologies (HTML, CSS, XHTML, DOM etc) provides a validation service for several languages is directed by Tim Berners-Lee, who invented the World Wide Web while working at CERN in Switzerland generates revenue through member dues and grantsW3Schools.com: is based in Norway is a private web site provides tutorials to learn how to develop web sites is operated by a family-run business has a lot of ads all over every page to generate revenue

You are joking? lol, the validation IS done by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) not W3Schools.
Ok, but you're not the same organization? I mean, it's not that difficult to be misinterpret the W3S as being the W3C......or?Is this a marketing strategy? Is there something I'm missing here? :)EDit* I missed your last post, woops, sorry! I understand now.

Other: I believe it was featured with WebMonkey (:)) and one other site at the end of a VHS on Web design, which I borrowed from a friend, though I'm not certain on that.

I had a friend that was talking about making his own site (all I remember is that his name was "Sohlside") and he practically told me that the best site out there for trying to learn this stuff was W3Schools.com...it actually took me a long time to actually visit the site since I thought it was just another searchsite/scam/endless maze of pointless sites. But BOY was I superduper wrong! I've been addicted to it ever since, I hope this site never closes/discontinues.