Resource Id#4 Error In Mysql Insert Statement

real_illusions

Hi,I have an error when trying to insert form data into a database.You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Resource id #4' at line 1I've echoed the data out thats been inserted and theres no 'resource id#4' anywhere in the data.Heres the insert statement, but as far as i can see, theres nothing wrong with it. All the fields match up with the table rows in the database, in both name and order.

$company = mysql_escape_string($_POST['customer']);$totalhours = mysql_escape_string($_POST['totaltime']);$setamount = mysql_escape_string($_POST['fixedamount']);$jobtitle = mysql_escape_string($_POST['jobtitle']);$workreasons = mysql_escape_string($_POST['workreasons']);$engineer = mysql_escape_string($_POST['engineer']);$requestby = mysql_escape_string($_POST['requestby']);$date = mysql_escape_string($_POST['date']);$workdone = mysql_escape_string($_POST['workdone']);$query = "INSERT INTO workentries (jobtitle, requestby, date, engineer, customer, workdone, workreasons, totaltime, fixedamount) VALUES ('" . addslashes($jobtitle) . "', '" .addslashes($requestby). "', '" .addslashes($date). "', '" .addslashes($engineer). "', '" .addslashes($customer). "', '" .addslashes($workdone). "', '" .addslashes($workreasons). "', '" .addslashes($totaltime). "', '" .addslashes($fixedamount). "')";mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());

Why am i getting that error? :)

A resource is a database connection, file handle, query result, etc. The variables I mentioned do not appear in the code you posted, only the query. One of them is a resource. Print the query out to find out which one.

I'm still confused. It was a mistake on my part, i didnt change the variable names to match. But yet im still getting the error. I've printed the query out, but all looks fine to me. All values are how they should be and how i entered them in the form..which is all plain text.Thats how it should be:

$customer = mysql_escape_string($_POST['customer']);$totaltime = mysql_escape_string($_POST['totaltime']);$fixedamount = mysql_escape_string($_POST['fixedamount']);$jobtitle = mysql_escape_string($_POST['jobtitle']);$workreasons = mysql_escape_string($_POST['workreasons']);$engineer = mysql_escape_string($_POST['engineer']);$requestby = mysql_escape_string($_POST['requestby']);$date = mysql_escape_string($_POST['date']);$workdone = mysql_escape_string($_POST['workdone']);$query = "INSERT INTO workentries (jobtitle, requestby, date, engineer, customer, workdone, workreasons, totaltime, fixedamount) VALUES ('" . addslashes($jobtitle) . "', '" .addslashes($requestby). "', '" .addslashes($date). "', '" .addslashes($engineer). "', '" .addslashes($customer). "', '" .addslashes($workdone). "', '" .addslashes($workreasons). "', '" .addslashes($totaltime). "', '" .addslashes($fixedamount). "')";mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());

Archived