Login...username

e4games

So for the code login.php I used the on "justsomeguy" did but I have some questions on how to make the login code so it says username other then email..Main Code

<?phpsession_start();require_once 'db.php';$page_mode = isset($_POST['page_mode']) ? $_POST['page_mode'] : '';$error_string = '';if ($page_mode == 'login'){  $email = $_POST['email'];  $password = $_POST['password'];  if (trim($email) == '' || trim($password) == '')	$error_string .= 'Please enter your email address and password.<br>';  else  {	$result = db_query("SELECT id, name, password FROM users WHERE email='" . mysql_real_escape_string($email) . "'");	if (!($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)))	  $error_string .= 'The email address was not found.<br>';	elseif ($row['password'] != sha1($password))	  $error_string .= 'The password did not match.<br>';	else	{	  $_SESSION['user_id'] = $row['id'];	  $_SESSION['user_name'] = $row['name'];	  $_SESSION['user_email'] = $row['email'];	  header('Location: index.php');	  exit();	}  }}?><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><html>  <head>	<title>Register</title>	<style type="text/css">	.error_text {	  color: #FF0000;	  width: 400px;	  text-align: center;	}	.left_box {	  float: left;	  width: 150px;	  text-align: right;	  padding-right: 5px;	}	.right_box {	  clear: right;	}	</style>  </head>  <body>	<div class="error_text"><?php echo $error_string; ?></div>	<form action="login.php" method="post">	<input type="hidden" name="page_mode" value="login">	<div class="left_box">Email</div>	<div class="right_box"><input type="text" name="email" size="30" maxlength="255" value="<?php if (isset($email)) echo $email; ?>"></div>	<div class="left_box">Password</div>	<div class="right_box"><input type="password" name="password" size="30"></div>	<div class="left_box"> </div>	<div class="right_box"><input type="submit" value="Log In" size="30"></div>	</form>  </body></html>

I know this part of it

<div class="left_box">Email</div>	<div class="right_box"><input type="text" name="email" size="30" maxlength="255" value="<?php if (isset($email)) echo $email; ?>"></div>

Should be changed to Username, at the top part, and the name="email" should be name="username" and "echo $email" should be echo $usernameBut I don't know about these parts

$_SESSION['user_email'] = $row['email'];

this one

$result = db_query("SELECT id, name, password FROM users WHERE email='" . mysql_real_escape_string($email) . "'");	if (!($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)))

and this one

$email = $_POST['email'];

Please help! I think I already changed what I needed to in the register.php

Good so far, you know where to change, now here's what you need to change:

$_SESSION['user_email'] = $row['email'];

Can stay the same, since you may still need to call $_SESSION['user_email'] on other pages.

$result = db_query("SELECT id, name, password FROM users WHERE email='" . mysql_real_escape_string($email) . "'");

That can turn into this, since you are searching for their username, not email this time.

$result = db_query("SELECT id, name, password FROM users WHERE name='" . mysql_real_escape_string($username) . "'");

$email = $_POST['email'];

Last, change the above code with this:

$username = $_POST['username'];

I change $_POST['email'] to $_POST['username'] because the 'name' of the first input is now 'username', instead of 'email'

Archived