Developing A Php Site With Dreamweaver

gameboyz

I was using notepad++ at first and I liked it, however I thought I would give Dreamweaver a try.I don't exactly hate Dreamweaver, but I am still getting used to it. And anybody here used dreamweaver with PHP sites? Because I dunno if it's just me, or does Dreamweaver seems unable to join the require() files if it's 2 staged? Like I require() file A which require() file B... Dreamweaver can join file A to the existing one but no file B.And what are the benefits of using Dreamweaver? Because if there are not, I think Dreamweaver is more of a hassle. I was working on my CSS just now and Dreamweaver keeps trying to help me indent my codes (even though I unchecked the Indent feature)LOL. Hope you guys can teach this noob some tips :)

Dreamweaver's main "advantages" are that it lets you edit pages in a point-and-click fashion. This is fine for people who don't have the money to hire real developers or time and interest to learn coding themselves. But overall, pages made in that way will usually display wrong in some browsers and will be unefficient.A feature Dreamweaver has is that it comes with a "Spry" library with Javascript effects pre-built so that you can put them in your page.Besides those features, Dreamweaver is just another text editor.

Guest FirefoxRocks

I have to say this:DON'T USE DREAMWEAVER!!2 years I had to use it in school and thank goodness the teacher let me use code view. Even in code view, it messed up some of my PHP and CSS code when I tried to open it. And the WYSIWYG is horrible. Even though there is a DOCTYPE on the pages, it usually generates invalid web pages anyways.And for PHP programming, I used to use Notepad++ for a long time, but now I am using NetBeans because of its advanced features and direct FTP updates.

dreamweaver can help in producing php login/logout, authentication access to pages, which i think is what you are looking for. But only if it uses non deprecated code which validates for the newer PHP5, as i found out about a year ago, and had to hack the programs login/authentication pages and update them.As mentioned before, the design view is totally useless, and its best to preview it in a browser than the design (unless its really basic html based pages) view (wysiwyg it is not, in this case).