Different languages for keywords

Grand_master

What do you do when your website is written in more than one human language (i.e., English, Spanish, Latin...), and you want people from different parts of the world to find the keywords in those languages? Do you create several meta elements with the same name ('keywords'), but with different values for 'lang'?Thanks :)

Most search engines today don't read the meta tags when indexing their pages, because people have in the past included more words than their site is about to make their page more relevant in searches, so there's not much point in using meta keywords. Meta description is a better way to do it, although the content of your site will probably be read through either way...

Of course. :) Thanks sbrownii. I was under the silly impression that the description and keyword meta tags were to be the same for the entire website. Okay, so I should put meta tags in the language of the page...And just for curiosity, what if I had mixed languages on a single page?

Don't know... lol... sorry...I honestly don't even know if the search engines would even look at more than one meta description, let alone if they would pick the one that has the language set to the one they are interested in.Let us know if you ever find out...