HTML Studying and Mastering

Guest bruno21st

Guest bruno21st

So guys I`ve noticed that it`s useless for someone to master HTML or any other language or topic in the Computing World if the autodidact person does not master it step by step. For all of you that mastered HTML and the ongoing courses in Web Designing, Programming or whatever topic in Computing World: State what were your steps for doing so? Well ya`ll take care and awsome studying!!!!Bruno21st

practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, and then a little more practice.but what you really learn from is good cross browser and cross platform testing - then you get to understand what part of the languages work best for the most scenarios.

I just started making a personal site that contained no menu, no real design. Basically, it was just a site with pictures and descriptive text. I started with just basic html formatting tags/attributes, and learned how they worked, just like you would format text in MS word or wordpad, but that's the important part, because it forms the basis of further understanding. Then I expanded with a few pages, still not heavy on the design part, but I learned linking between documents and how that worked. After a while I started using tables for design. Finally, I discovered CSS, and though it was a new language, it wasn't that difficult, because it was really just binding formatting to one spesific element, much like I had earlier, with the ability to use classes. Once you start to get the concept of CSS, you start to see what it can do.So yeah, practise practise practise and a little more practise. But start small, so you learn the tags. Once you have parts of the language down, and a basic understanding of how it works (for example tag based, and the logic of <b> for bold, <i> for italic, <p> for paragraph etc.), expanding it will be much easier.

I did the same as Jonas. My first web page was designed with an HTML book in one hand and the keyboard under the other. After a while, it just came natural. Then I started learning others just enough to be able to read and understand them. The first time you look at the code, if it makes sense to you, then you are on the right track. Then study, read, and practice. It all makes sense a lot faster than most people think.

My first time I started coding HTML was around 14 years old I think, it's been a while... I was on a website where I could customize my own page with HTML and CSS. So I started looking at some HTML tutorials to know what tags to use and learned a bit from that. Then, I started going a bit bigger. I did my own page about a game I liked UT :). Then at school they wanted the students to do a small site. Then in college same thing. That one looked even better. I saw all sorts of language in college. CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Java... Which kinda motivated me to go in web programming. So when I finished my college program, I went at another college in web programming and that's where I learned asp, sql, web design and all that wonderful stuff lol :)And that's my story...

My first time I started coding HTML was around 14 years old I think, it's been a while... I was on a website where I could customize my own page with HTML and CSS. So I started looking at some HTML tutorials to know what tags to use and learned a bit from that. Then, I started going a bit bigger. I did my own page about a game I liked UT :). Then at school they wanted the students to do a small site. Then in college same thing. That one looked even better. I saw all sorts of language in college. CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Java... Which kinda motivated me to go in web programming. So when I finished my college program, I went at another college in web programming and that's where I learned asp, sql, web design and all that wonderful stuff lol :(And that's my story...

Nice. :)

I am starting to understand HTML, but I still am confused. One of the things I would like to learn, is to make a moving background or something like that. Cool website, i'm still very new at this so I may need a push in the right direction. ~~~~Typist

Well my first site was one i made just forfun under the guidance of a friend of mine.Now web designing is wat i like 2 do most of the time and hope 2 bcome a succesful web designer apart from being a software engineer. I was a late starter and build myfirst site at the age of 19 and now one and a half year after that i seem 2 hav covered some distasnce. Right now i'm trying 2 make a site for my institute, I've completed with the design part and right now i'm working on coding and Database development.

Guest Elyod

I'm with Jonas too. I was unemployed looking for jobs on the Internet and couldn't find one. I thought, "Well I might as well do something to keep from getting depressed." So I started working on code all day and night long. I really started by using the old "View Source" and figuring out how things work.Now I teach web page design at a local community college and technical center.