External Html Sheet

nworst

I have been trying out HTML and CSS for some time now and I noticed something annoying. It's that everytime you make a new page, which you want to be in your menu as well, you have to edit the HTML sheets of every other page, in order to have it in your menu on all of these pages.Don't know if you know what I mean, but my question is: Is it possible to have 1 HTML sheet, which you update everytime you make a new page, so that you don't have to edit all the HTML sheets? And then you link the other pages to it, like you link pages to a stylesheet?

Hi, maybe you could do that using frames, a frame which contain a single file with your menu.but if your using a sever language (PHP, .NET, etc) you could use some sort of template or separated files for headers, footer, content.

A server-side language is the way to go. Learn it when you are ready, why not?

I have been trying out HTML and CSS for some time now and I noticed something annoying. It's that everytime you make a new page, which you want to be in your menu as well, you have to edit the HTML sheets of every other page, in order to have it in your menu on all of these pages.Don't know if you know what I mean, but my question is: Is it possible to have 1 HTML sheet, which you update everytime you make a new page, so that you don't have to edit all the HTML sheets? And then you link the other pages to it, like you link pages to a stylesheet?
do you allow to use Sever side language suchas asp.net ?

Archived