Beginner Css Pproblem Any Help

hansolo

<html><head><-- when i remove( styel type ="text/css) the txt below it wrks fine why when ive included the stlye sheet nothing appears in the browser--!><style type="text/css"></head><body><h1>hello</h1> <a href="page1.html">page1</a><p></p><a href="page2.html">page2</a></body></html>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<-- when i remove( styel type ="text/css) the txt below it wrks fine when the css is declared when ive included the stlye sheet nothing appears in the browser--!><style type="text/css">im confused

what are you trying to do?if you are using a style tag like that, you have to close it (</style>).... but i don't see any styling so again i'm not sure what you are trying to do...should be...<style type='text/css'>[styling code here]</style>or use an external style sheet...

If you want to use an external stylesheet, the correct tag is the <link> tag:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css" />

i want to add the href tags to have underline when the mouse rollovers and noo underline on mouse rollout that was what i was my next step but the when href tags disssapeared when i added the css text type this has confused me ...cheers

Well, maybe you made a mistake in the CSS file - if you post that, we can have a look.

<html><head><text type="text/css">h1{font-family:"Times New Roman"}</head><body><h1>hello</h1></body></html>well im making a mistake because the browser is not changing the heading 1(h1) font to (times new roman)so the code is aboveis that not correct for css cheers

From what I was able to see from the link you provided, this doesn't even appear to be a proper html page.How about you open your html page right-click and 'view source', then copy and paste the code into a 'quote' window. Do the same with your css.Then we can see what you're working with.

<html><head><text type="text/css">h1{font-family:"Times New Roman"}</head><body><h1>hello</h1></body></html>

well im making a mistake because the browser is not changing the heading 1(h1) font to (times new roman)so the code is aboveis that not correct for css cheers

I would go through this for starters...but based on the code above,
<head><style type="text/css">hr {color:sienna}p {margin-left:20px}body {background-image:url("images/back40.gif")}</style></head>

this is how your internal stylesheet should look like. Notice the beginning tag of <style type="text/css"> after the <head> tag, and a closing </style> tag at the end.

Archived