Same Box, Multiple Locations

turbospaz

Hi guysI have what is probably a simple question.I have a CSS tag that defines the dimensions and background color of a box (which will have text in it) as well as setting a font type and color. The problem is that this box is going to be used multiple times over the website, so when the location attributes (top, left etc.) get stores in the tag, it moves all other boxes using that same tag to the same spot.What would be the best way of having multiple boxes in different locations use the same tag? If I use the box 20 times, creating 20 different CSS tags seems wasteful.I was thinking of storing just the generic data in the CSS file (background color, font type etc.) and then storing the size and location attributes directly on the page that is using the box, but I wasn’t sure if that was proper practice.Thanks for any advice.

If the box has to be in a different position in every single page then I don't see a problem in putting the top, left, width, and height declarations on the element itself. But you can use a class for the background color, position: absolute and other styling information.

If the box has to be in a different position in every single page then I don't see a problem in putting the top, left, width, and height declarations on the element itself. But you can use a class for the background color, position: absolute and other styling information.
Ok then, I'll stick with that.Thanks :)

Archived