Css Navmenu

Guest Nathaniel Lindblad

Guest Nathaniel Lindblad

Hello, i am relatively new to web developing....very new actually. I have my NavMenu displaying in my page but it is an internal css style set up and I want it to be an external. I know the reference element to put in my .html document but it is not displaying, or it displays the links but then my background is gone. I have several more questions regarding my navigation links for my site such as spacing. the first few look fine because they are 3 or 4 character words but the "about me" and "contact me" look too close together. Tips?? oh and also is there a possible "glow" appearance for a "hover" status?If I made this post incorrectly im sorry, let me know proper procedure and I will make i follow that. Thanks everyone, anyone!

To access an external style sheet provide and element like this in the head section of your HTML<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="whatever.css" media="all">Millions of websites use it and it should work for you.Without seeing the files that you are using it is pretty tough to know what the problem might be.You can change the appearance of an anchor element with CSS like so:a {color: black;}a:hover {color:blue;}There is no "glow" property in CSS (yet...)The tutorials here (w3schools.com) are great for learning CSS. Play with them a bit and you'll learn a lot. When you have questions the forum will be here.Floater