Probelm Printing From Database

dzhax

It doesn't work any idea how to fix?I'm trying the grab the data from the name field in the settings table

<?php$con = mysql_connect('localhost', 'username, 'password');if (!$con)	die("Could not connect...");$forumSetting = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `settings`",$con);print("Forum Name: " . $forumSetting['name']);mysql_close($con);?>

All that is printing out is:

Forum Name:

I replaced the mysql_connect with fake values... the actual connect is different values. so dont worry bout that. it connects just fine.

Guest FirefoxRocks
<?php$con = mysql_connect('localhost', 'username, 'password');if (!$con) {	die("Could not connect...");}$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `settings`",$con);$forumSettings = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);print("Forum Name: " . $forumSetting['name']);mysql_close($con);?>

Or you can use mysql_fetch_row, which returns an array with numerical keys, or mysql_fetch_object, which returns an object. mysql_fetch_assoc in my code returns an associative array.

I see why YOURS doesn't work, but FirefoxRocks' sample should work. What do you get if you do

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `settings`",$con);$forumSettings = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);var_dump($forumSettings);

?If you get "array()", it means that your query is simply not returning any results.

thanks anyway boen the other guys worked.Seems like you know alot in this area would u mind taking a look at my most recent post in sql section?

Archived