Width Of Page

nworst

How do I make my webpage so that it resizes automatically when you restore the page? (I mean just like this page, when you restore it, the horizontal menu at the top is resized automatically).Because, now my page has the width of my screen, but I want it to fill the whole browser no matter what the resolution of your screen is... Don't know if you get my point.The problem is, for the horizontal menu, I have set a width, so when you restore it, you'll have to scroll to the right...Thanks on forehand!(if you need any more information, feel free to ask)

if you want the page to resize automatically, you can set the width to 100%. Also, div's will automatically expand to fit the width of their containers. As far as a horizontal menu goes, you could set each link as a percentage width, I think.

Hmm.. At first I didn't know what you meant, but I get it now.There's one small problem, if the screen gets too small, the horizontal menu starts a second row.. However this isn't a big deal, as no one has such a small screen.Thanks.

there's a min-width property that can be applied to div's to keep them from getting too small. You could have that set to a #nav_wrapper for instance, and then set your nav items to be percentages within that, and they will never shrink down to anything less than their part of the min-width.

Archived