Javascript - Jquery Question

harshpandya

Hi Guys here is my code its jquery code but its simple so i thought you would help me This code works but instead of passing string i wanted to pass variable function something(fp_id){$("#fp_201").show("slow");}so i tried this but it does not work can you helpfunction something(fp_id){$('"#' + fp_id + '"').show("slow");}please help

Why the mixed-up aprostophes and quotation marks?

function something(fp_id){$("#" + fp_id).show("slow");}

Thanks for your answer but now there is another problem var floorplan_id = 0; function showFloorPlan(fp_id){ floorplan_id = fp_id; $("#fp_building_h").hide("slow"); $("#first_FP_h").hide("slow"); $("#" + fp_id).show("slow"); $("#" + fp_id).width(0); $("#" + fp_id).height(0); $("#" + fp_id).animate({ width: "900px", height: "400px", display: "block", opacity: 0.9, marginLeft: "0.6in", fontSize: "3em", borderWidth: "10px" }, 900); } $(document).ready(function() { $("#" + floorplan_id).click(function(){ $(this).slideUp(); $("#fp_building_h").show("slow"); $("#first_FP_h").show("slow"); }); });This code worked but when i put this bold line in there it does not work - I assigned the id value to floorplan_id variable then why it does not recognize it - How to solve this problem, Please help, Thanks,

floorplan_id resolves to 0, which means you are trying to reference an object with id "0". You can't do that, because DOM IDs cannot start with numeric characters.

Archived