Margin / Padding Problem On Ie6

chibineku

I have been having a lot of success styling my pages the way I want in FF, Chrome, IE, etc. but on AOL (which I used, and have done for over a decade), it doesn't display right at all. There is a gap between the nav bar and the breadcrumb bar underneath it, which doesn't go away even though there are no elements with padding or margins they aren't supposed to have. Setting * { margin:0; padding:0; } doesn't fix it anyway. I don't know enough about browser compliance to know of any common errors with AOL. Take a look see, if you have AOL:http://www.sinaesthesia.co.uk/contact.php5

That, and setting width: auto; to the menu made the tools on the right line up with the nav menu, which is a good start

I'm still having AOL problems related to layout - if you have AOL, you can see what I mean here:kerazzy spacezz I am using JavaScript to detect AOL browser and document.write('<script..> </script>') to dynamically write new style rules only for AOL, but I still can't get the positioning right, even without having to worry about screwing up the layout elsewhere. If anyone has any ideas of the particular quirks with the AOL 4.0 browser's box model, I would be enormously grateful for any info.

Archived