Help: No Event When Clicking Item From Saved List In Input Box

tpdietz

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but i could not find any references to it. In fact, I don't really know how to properly search for it, but here goes the description...I have a simple form and am doing Javascript validation which will enable or disable the submit button depending upon the contents of certain input boxes. I have it working for all cases except for one. This particular input box requires any non-whitespace character. Through my testing, I have used several input values and being the good browsers we have (I am using FF 3.5 and IE8), if i double-click inside the input box when it is empty, i get a list of values that have been previously entered that I can then select from.The problem is, I haven't been able to find an event that fires when I click on one of the selections from that list. The best I've been able to come up with it to just use onblur and the button will enable once that control loses focus, but I don't like that solution...I want the user to get instant feedback.So, my question is, is there a way to detect this "event"?Thanks,Tim

I thought onchange effectively fired whenever onblur would fire

I thought onchange effectively fired whenever onblur would fire
It probably does, but this has nothing to do with the onblur event. This is clicking within the input box, which displays the list of previously entered values and then either clicking the desired value or using the down/up arrow keys to select the desired value and then hitting the Tab key to go to the next input box. I have not been able to detect an event. Is anybody else having a problem with this?

Archived