Cookies

kelleydl

i am using a form with a name and state(location) and comment which when submit is clicked it takes me to post.php. post.php is where i set my cookie and it does its code, and then sends back to index.php. now i want name and location to be filled according to the cookie. post.php heading looks like this:<?php setcookie("lmylifemoments[two]", $_POST["uName"], "/"); setcookie("lmylifemoments[one]", $_POST["uLocation"], "/");?><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html>and then in index.php:<?php if(isset($_COOKIE['lmylifemoments'])) { $CNAME=$_COOKIE['lmylifemoments[two]']; $CLOC =$_COOKIE['lmylifemoments[one]']; } else { $CNAME = ""; $CLOC = ""; }?>i have that and in my form set values for name and location to $CNAME and $CLOC . when i test it nothing is being added to the fields and i dont know how else to debug for this.. maybe i am going about this the wrong way.

First, just print out the cookie array:print_r($_COOKIE);that will at least let you see all the cookies. You may want to remove the brackets from the cookie names, I'm not sure if that's going to be a problem. Also, if you're setting a cookie and then sending a location header, the cookie might not set. In that case it's better to use a meta refresh to redirect instead of a location header.

Archived