Background

Flame1622

Hm, I think they either repeat, repeat horizontally, repeat vertically or don't repeat at all. Hide it behind another element? Create an image that is itself a mozaic of the repeating image that is only the size you want?

If it's a background image, then it'll sit behind text anyway. If it's not, you need to give the text a higher z-index than the image (i.e. anything above 0) and position it where you want, either relatively or absolutely. But you can't trust that it will always look like that - better to make an image consisting of 2 repetitions of the image

No, I still think it's easier just using a composite image, but it's worth learning the CSS anyway as it will be essential if you continue in web design.

if you want to repeat on both axis, and the background is for the body element, then do this:body {background: url(path/to/image.jpg) repeat;}You have to add style at the top, between the head tags, and also between <style type="text/css> </style> tags. It's past my bed time, but I or someone else can give you a more thorough briefing tomorrow.

Archived