Background-color Being Ignored B Some Browsers

eidam655

hello,i have a website http://www.gjh.sk/~5ambrus/adifthe issue i am experiencing is that in Firefox, Chrome and Safari the background-color set on the menu items, which show themselves after you hover your mouse on the Archtecture item, is not displayed. in IE6/8 and Opera, the background-color is set. also, the 'hiding' of the backround color makes the menu unusable, as it loses focus after you go on the first or fourth item.are there any ideas how to solve this problem? or, even better, are there any workarounds existing?thanks for answersPS: the CSS itself http://www.gjh.sk/~5ambrus/adif/index_style.css

You're changing those anchors to block-level items. They may need a height set explicitly. Even a line-height definition might do it, I'm not sure about that. Usually when a background doesn't show up, it's because the browser thinks it has a height of 0.

hello,if you tried refreshing the page and the CSS file now you would see that even when i set the anchors to inline and set specific height for both <li> and <a> items, the problem remains

so,i have played around a bit with the issue. the links have been updated again the relevant CSS code which ensured the change is

#navigation ul li#tvorba ul li a {					/*overriting inherited properties from #navigation ul li#tvorba a */					position:relative;					top: 0%;					right: 0%;					overflow:visible; /* this is a must to see the text */					color : black;					font-weight : bold;					text-decoration : none;					border-bottom : 1px solid black;					padding : 0 0.5em;					display:inline;					background-image: none;/**/					background-color: #007e00;				}

now the element's background color IS being shown. the only problem is that it disappears again when set to display:block; OR float:left; width:100%; is applied to this code.any ideas what can be wrong?

problem solved entirely,final code:

#navigation ul li#tvorba ul li{				overflow:visible;					float:left;/**/					display : block;					position : relative;					margin-top: 0px; /* 1.35em */					border-bottom : 1px solid white;					width: 11em;					height:20px;/**/					background-color: #007e00;/**/				}				#navigation ul li#tvorba ul li a {					/*overriting inherited properties from #navigation ul li#tvorba a */					position:relative;					top: 0%;					right: 0%;					overflow:visible; /* this is a must to see the text */					color : white;					text-decoration : none;					padding : 0 0.5em;					display:inline;					background-image: none;/**/				}

have a nice day :)

Archived