Imagecreatefromstring Problem With False Result

ProblemHelpPlease

When using imagecreatefromstring I am getting the following error messages from My scipt with a particular image.Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error:Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: Passed data is not in 'JPEG' format Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: Couldn't create GD Image Stream out of Data The files is a jpg so should work but the point is the code should return a false result and perform a diferent action that doesnt use imagecreatefromstring. It does this ok but I still get the error message. How do I prevent the error message from appearing.Code is below

$image = imagecreatefromstring($file_contents);if ($image != false){## IF NOT FALSE CODE}else{## IF IS FLASE CODE}{

I added @ to the $image = imagecreatefromstring($file_contents); lineso$image = @imagecreatefromstring($file_contents);The code still returns FALSE so I can handle the error and @ stops the error message being displayed.I now have another error with the error handling, when using an address to a image but excluding the .jpg(http://www.domain.com/image) the code doesn't return false. Anyone know why this is happening?

I'm getting "GIF89a€ÿÿÿ!ù,D;" when printing the string passed to the function and "Resource id #6" from the imagecreatefromstring function. I patched the problem by checking for a valid file extension before doing anything with images but it would be helpful to know why false wasn't returned when the address isn't even an image.

Archived