Html Deprecated Tags

nuzerog

Hi,Some tags in html have been deprecated and are no longe supposed to be used. If I have an older web page that utilizies those codes will it still work, or will I begin to have problems? On a similar note, I have a page that embeds an asp page into an email to be sent out. I've been having issues in where certain images and texts have been missing or are spaced wrong. Could the deprecated html tags be causing this problem? Thanks MuchHKIM

I am not totally sure on this but the newer browsers should still "accept" the tags, but making the site work with the deprecated tags and newer standards might prove to be difficult in the future. Especially if you are making it look graphically appealing.For your own good you might want to start converting your old tags to the new standard, but it is not too important at the moment.If you have a rather large website, try a section at a time, in your spare time. Make sure to save a copy before attempting to convert, in case you really screw up. Hope everything goes well.

Hi,Some tags in html have been deprecated and are no longe supposed to be used. If I have an older web page that utilizies those codes will it still work, or will I begin to have problems? On a similar note, I have a page that embeds an asp page into an email to be sent out. I've been having issues in where certain images and texts have been missing or are spaced wrong. Could the deprecated html tags be causing this problem? Thanks MuchHKIM
A tag being deprecated means that it shouldn't be used on new websites (because newer features replace them), but they won't technically cause problems.

Archived