Lovely Round Corners?

alib_15

Hi.Can somebody give me a clue how web designers are achieving the lovely rounded corners I'm seeing lately? I'm new to HTML and scripting (JavaScript and PHP) but I'm a quick study. I was looking at login screen examples on a showcase site but it wasn't possible to view the source code. I know one possible method is to design a rectangle with rounded corners using Photoshop or something and then use the image as a background for a table cell <td> but I was wondering if there were any other methods?Greatly appreciate any answers.Ali

Thanks for the links Jesh.The 2nd link is great .. but the 1st link has got me puzzled, what is that Latin? And the other paragraph says 'here it is .. use it .. etc', but I couldn't find it amongst the advertizing. I'm probably just being dense. Ali

Thanks for the links Jesh.The 2nd link is great .. but the 1st link has got me puzzled, what is that Latin? And the other paragraph says 'here it is .. use it .. etc', but I couldn't find it amongst the advertizing. I'm probably just being dense. Ali
The latin is standard filler text - it pads out elements during the design phase without distracting you with actual English. You have to view source for the cssplay examples most of the time. The CSS that is relevant is inline and so are the elements you need to use. For non-profit user, they're free, but you still need some know-how to implement them.

Hi.<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.</p><p>Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.</p>Filler text. Got it. I'm looking at the source code now, looks like <div>,<p> and <h1><h2> .So basically the work is all done with CSS .. right? Ali

Archived