Css Replaced Image But Wont Link? Also Ie5.5 Issue

Dareus

Hi,I'm working on my site so it's still in the works, but this page here I have links on that i changed the links to graphics. Also the reasoning for this , incase someone says, why dont you just add a image and make it a link? Why the css?It's because i'm going to try out making different CSS style sheet's so i can change the whole look/layout of the site without changing any content on the site, only the css.I appreciate any comments on my site aswell. I'm going to be changing the "welcome to Concept Montreal Header.", you can always go to the index.html to view the whole site.Also I inline'd the CSS to make it easier to notice for my link list I want to be clickable.Lastly,the CSS for the body and footer really mess up ( they go to the left compeltely), IN IE5.5. I only started learning not long ago and really dont know any IE5.5 coding. http://www.conceptmontreal.com/faq.html

Check this site out for the latest techniques for text image replacement...it's probably the sort of thing you're after.

Well, they're background images. You can't click background images. Why not just drop the image in between the anchor tags and throw the text version of the links way way out to the side so nobody can see them, but they're still there for webspiders and users with accessibility issues?

Archived