Newb Question -easy

me16_17

Quick question, i just started the tutorials for php, what format do I save as? i'm not seeing it. Am I just saving them as .html s? .php? .dll? i have nooooo ideai think its .php , but then how do i impliment that into an html document?....i just read more and more of the tutorials and im starting to understand it so i appologize for the question! still any comments would be nicelol i keep editing this postso i was trying out the form example, and it returns the contents of the .php as code instead of executing the code, does this mean php isnt working on the server?I installed php and apache but couldnt figure out how i needed to configure apache to work with php

You may just download the setup for phpdev423 (.exe) at:phpdev423.exe DownloadDownload from your nearest location.phpdev is a bundle of PHP/Apache/MySQL/PERL/phpMyAdmin/PHP-GTK preconfigured to run on the win32 platformYou can run it straightaway after installation. Once installed, just click on "2K-NT-XP-phpdev_start.bat" in the "phpdev" folder. Once you see the word "running", type "http://localhost" in your web browser's address bar.

Quick question, i just started the tutorials for php, what format do I save as? i'm not seeing it. Am I just saving them as .html s? .php? .dll? i have nooooo ideai think its .php , but then how do i impliment that into an html document?....i just read more and more of the tutorials and im starting to understand it so i appologize for the question! still any comments would be nicelol i keep editing this postso i was trying out the form example, and it returns the contents of the .php as code instead of executing the code, does this mean php isnt working on the server?I installed php and apache but couldnt figure out how i needed to configure apache to work with php