Lousy Javascript Manual - No Class Browser

bis

As a newbie to Javascript (with >20 yrs Smalltalk) I find this Javascript manual very lousy! It offers minimal explanations and not even an overview of all methods that a class understands. Also, it does not sufficiently explain the JS syntax (which is obscure anyway).A simple class browser would solve all of that. Look at this here!Lousy job in my view!RegardsP.S. Yes, I know JS is not really o-o but a class browser would still help.

Since when is JavaScript syntax obscure? The basic syntax is clear as a bell. Like C with objects and none of the memory hassles.Getting used to the DOM takes a bit of studying, and there are a lot of properties and methods to learn about there. But that's the DOM API, not JavaScript per se.

Probably he means the W3Schools JavaScript Tutorial.
Exactly!It is very cumbersome to find details. There is not even a central list of all protocols (funtionally like a class and method browser). I find the CSS part much better.A class browseer (even if these are not real classes, I know) woud do very much better, be more intuitive and concise.
Since when is JavaScript syntax obscure? The basic syntax is clear as a bell. Like C with objects and none of the memory hassles.
This is not the subject here, not important either and far too late to change, but JS, and C alike, have in my view some idiotic syntax, bracket and braces rules etc. For C I noticed this in the early 80-ies. Very stupid to repeat the same mistakes again much later.But once more: Not the subject here.

Like the other tutorials, the Javascript tutorial and reference is incomplete. Try this:http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/jav...avascriptobject

but JS, and C alike, have in my view some idiotic syntax, bracket and braces rules etc.
I wouldn't really call C or Javascript syntax idiotic, it makes perfect sense to me. But then again, maybe I'm just an idiot.

Archived