Iterating Through Xml Help

Gazow

if anyone could answer this id greatly appreciate. im a bit confused how iterating through xml worksif i have say three roots with tag album. and each contained several child tags "name". and each name tag has a text value say <name>Bob</name>if i use:var x = getElementsByTagName("album")[0].getElementsByTagName("name");is x now an array of just the first albums name tags right?and if i wanted to access specific names i just call x.childNodes[0].nodeValue;is this right?also does anyone know where i can find a tutorial on how to make a custom picasa web template

if anyone could answer this id greatly appreciate. im a bit confused how iterating through xml worksif i have say three roots with tag album. and each contained several child tags "name". and each name tag has a text value say <name>Bob</name>if i use:var x = getElementsByTagName("album")[0].getElementsByTagName("name");is x now an array of just the first albums name tags right?and if i wanted to access specific names i just call x[i].childNodes[0].nodeValue;is this right?also does anyone know where i can find a tutorial on how to make a custom picasa web template
Both of your statements are correct. Intead of childNodes[0] you can also use firstChildI'm afraid I don't know of any tutorials for what you're asking, since I've never been on the picasa site.

Archived