Background Shows On Some Screens, But Not On Others

Carson

Clearly it is a problem with screen resolutions being different. My website (www.rhskeyclub.com) looks fine at my house and friends' houses, you can see the background (a solid navy line on each side). But at school, where the monitors have a lower resolution, you can't even see the background. How could I fix this? Thanks

Give the body a width based on % and not a fixed width, then center it with width: 0 auto

Dude, you can see into my soul!!

Thanks guys, I edited the .css file. I'll look at the page at school tomorrow and see what it looks like.UPDATE- Still doesn't work at school. Also, school uses IE6 and Background is Grey, even though my background isn't transparent. it should be white. I'll make it a .jpg I guess and try it. People using old stuff is so annoying.

body {  background-image :url(images/Background.png);  background-position:center;  background-repeat:repeat-y;  width:100%;  margin: 0 auto;   } 

What is wrong with that?

Edited by Carson

The reason is that the background image is too wide for a standard 1024x768 pixel screen. Instead, try only making the background the blue navy stripe, and no white areas at all. Then draw the background twice: one aligns to the left and one aligns to the right.