Html Emails

doughoil

I am a very beginner at HTML (and other types of) coding. My wife and I own two small retail businesses and I have been building email lists for low cost marketing. But I don’t know how to set up the coding so I can send good looking emails. What I do now is create my email in InDesign, save it as a JPEG file and send it out as an image. But I want to be able to have live links so the image way of doing it doesn’t work. W3 schools seems geared toward web pages, not emails. I guess most coding would be the same, but it has to be set up a certain way that I am missing. When I send test emails to myself the come through a text files, including the coding.In the attached sample email that I sent out last week, I would like to include links from each named product to the appropriate product listing page on our web site (from a company that provides web sites to health food stores).Can somebody point me in the right direction to get started?Thanks,Doug

post-33502-1252430915_thumb.jpg

You need to set the content-type header to text/html to send HTML mail. What method are you using to send them?

You need to set the content-type header to text/html to send HTML mail. What method are you using to send them?
I use the Direct Mail application on a Mac. In that ap, I don’t see any such setting, but it displays like it’s HTML. This may not be the best program to use, but it seems pretty good and otherwise is adequate for my needs. It’s just building the page that I need help with.Doug

Archived