Need Help Moving Tables In Dreamweaver 8 With Css

ready2drum

I'm needing assistance with a web page that consists of a dozen tables (each is encased in its own 'div' tag), along with a 'div' for the 'main_box' and one for the 'body'. This same web page also has various CSS applied to each of the different tables. The issue I'm having is that when I deleted one of the middle tables, saved the change, and refreshed the website, all of the tables that were nicely displayed above the deleted table have all shifted downward 40px. Steps I've taken so far: editing the CSS for the tables, adding the 'Top' property to get the tables to shift upward, inserting an 'empty table' in place of the one that was deleted....none of these have resolved the issue, which is why I'm now turning to The Forum for assistance.I've searched online for information on this topic most of the day, but did not find anything specifically dealing with this scenario.If there's a simple way (or not) of getting all the tables that exist to shift upward to remove the blank space that now exists, please let me know.Thanks for your help!See CSS code below for the two tables closest to the top of the page, but not located where they should be...

#announcements {	border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;	height: 160px;	width: 275px;	margin-left: 10px;	margin-bottom: 10px;	margin-top: 0px;	padding: 10px;	float: left;}#safety {	border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;	height: 160px;	width: 200px;	margin-left: 10px;	margin-bottom: 10px;	margin-top: 0px;	padding: 10px;	float: left;}

Below is the beginning 'div / table' code for those same two tables mentioned above....

<div id="announcements">					<p class="fstyle_3">Announcements</p>					<table width="100%" border="0" align="left" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">				  		<tr>							<td><span class="style12">.........

<div id="safety">					<p class="fstyle_3">Safety</p>					<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">			    	 	<tr>			       			<td height="32" nowrap="nowrap" class="style13"><div align="center">.........

what are you using the tables for? Unless you are planning on using to display tabular data, there are more semantic ways to accomplish what you're trying to do. As far as what has been provided, you should probably just provide either a link to the page or all of the HTML/CSS code.

Archived