Argh Dammit Missed A Damn Tag...

ravenshade

Okay, so, generally this is when I hard code as I don't tend to work with dreamweaver or any other webediting software like that. (It often crashes my system) so for some reason I'm now getting more and more adept at hard coding. There's only one problem with hard coding and that's when you miss one character, be it a ?>...or perhaps you put .colorClass in your css file and referred to it from your webpage as class="colourClass" ... :) It's a damn nightmare. And yes...I have had nightmares about putting the wrong dash in. >_> Anyone else?or doesn't anyone else use Notepad++?

I usually structure my pages carefully before getting into styling. What's most important is the structuring of the content.Notepad++ highlights tags so it can't be that difficult to see a misplaced or badly written tag.

I just had a particular point where it my CSS box was displaying oddly, yet there were no fundamental errors. It turned out to be I'd put in one too many classes without dividing them. In this particular instance I had a PHP if statement, which cause me no end of hassle if I don't tag them right :)

Archived