Calculation & Database Connectivity.

agmpatel

Dear Sir or Madam,I have a website up 'n' running.:) PROBLEM 1:The website needs to calculate the price of the purchased tickets.:)For example, Mr. Alex travels with his wife Tina & a son Tom. They purchased the tickets. The detail of the purchased tickets are saved in the database i.e. 2 Adult Passes and 1 Child Pass, but @ the backend, there's no calculation process.THE REQUIRED RESULT:Let's say, each Adult Pass is £5/- and each Child Pass is £2/- With respect to the above-cited scenario, the answer should be as £12/-.PROBLEM 2:It's basically the one of the London Travel website. Each location has individual page about the related detail. What needs to be modified is, all the location pictures as well as the related details should be saved in the database.As soon as the end-user click the related link (such as, London Bridge) the picture and the associated details on a single page.THE REQUIRED RESULT:The idea is to get rid of all the pages & replace it with a single one instead provided the same level of functionality.Thanks very much.Anxiously awaiting your prompt reply.Sincerely,agmpatel.

You will have to learn a server side language if you want to talk to a database. PHP works very well and is easy to use with MySql.What database are you currently using??? What are your server setups?What server-sdie languages doe sit support (if any).This may require you to upgrade your hosting plan if server-side scripting is not activated.

I'm using MS Access 2003 database.:)

Then you are on a windows server, correct? Or do you even have a hosting plan yet?If you don't have a hosting plan you need ot do some research because what plan you choose will dictate what language you use. IE if you are hosted on a Linux server you will have ot use PHP and MySql, if you are on windows you can use ASP and ASP.Net with Acces DB's and maybe even SQL Server.It all depends on the hosting companies setup and what they provide. I recommend Brinkster they have great plans that are very affordable. They have every possible combo you could think of.They do have free plans as well but hey are very limited (only ASP and ASP.Net) and you can only use ACcess DBs. They also have a banner ad at the top of every page.

About the Problem2 you can use "iframes" left side will have links which when clicked will display pages on the right.<table><tr><td>This is the Menu <br><a href="LondonBridge.htm" target="iframe1">London Bridge</a><br><a href="somthing.htm" target="iframe1">somthing</a></td><td width="220" valign="top"><p align="center"><iframe name="iframe1" src="Initial_page.htm" align="top" height="100" width="400" hspace="10" vspace="10">If you can see this, your browser does not support iframes! </iframe></p></td></tr></table>

Thanks indeed to provide relevant coding. Hope, it'll b majorly helpful.:)By the way, where am I suppose to type it? I mean, am I suppose to create the new page and simply type it and it'll begin giving me the pictures as a retrival from the dbase?:(Once again, your kind help is highly appreciated.:)

Very glad that you helped. Bless.:)In fact, I've developed it but want to use it in an Intranet atmosphere, so that I can observe it's capability in terms of performance and handling the requests.:(N.B.: I've uploaded the whole website to the MS Visual InterDev 6.0 that is running on the MS SQL Server in the organization.:DThank you once again.:)