What To Push?

GermanPrince

You decompress it (using tar), then compile it the normal way.If you're on Windows, you might want to get the installer instead - http://www.php.net/get/php-5.2.10-win32-in...i/from/a/mirror. Don't forget to install Apache / CGI / IIS first.If you want things even easier, you might just want to download a AMP stack like WAMP or XAMPP.

You downloaded the installer? The document root is where your website is/will go.It may be better for you just to download WAMP, trust me, it's a lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You know, I tried to use WAMP and had problems. Mostly they were related to MySQL, but I had some other config problems too. In the end I installed then separately and made the relevant config changes myself. And I had to use Resource Hacker to get MySQL to work. It's not straightforward the first time, but WAMP didn't work the way I thought it would.

WAMP's always worked for me - I like the one-click installation for extensions. Make sure you don't do an overwrite-upgrade from the old WAMP to WAMPserver though!

Archived