Mail Script Isn't Working

chibineku

I am trying to send an e-mail notification after resetting a user's password, and for some reason it won't send. This is the relevant code:

$headers = 'To:'.$email."\r\n";$headers .= 'From: webmaster@aromaclear.co.uk'."\r\n";$to = $email."\r\n";$subject = 'AromaClear Password Reset Notification'. "\r\n";$msg = 'From: AromaClear'."\r\n";$msg .='Subject: Your New Password'. "\r\n";$msg .= 'Message: Your new password is 	 '.$newpass."\r\n";$msg.= 'If you have received this e-mail in error, please ignore it.'. "\r\n";mail($to, $subject, $msg, $headers);

I'm sure it's something stupid...

Now I'm trying this, and it's still not working!:

$headers = "To $email \r\n";$headers .= "From: chibineku@aol.com \r\n";$to = "$email \r\n";$subject = "AromaClear Password Reset Notification \r\n";$msg = "From: webmaster@aromaclear.co.uk \r\n";$msg .= "Subject: Your New Password \r\n";$msg .= "Message: Your new password is: $newpass \r\n";$msg.= "If you have received this e-mail in error, please ignore it.";// Mail itif(mail($to, $subject, $msg, $headers, "-f webmaster@aromaclear.co.uk")) {  header("Location: password_reset_redirect.php5?error=true".$email);  exit();} else {  header("Location: password_reset_redirect.php5?success=true".$email);  exit();}

I've tried every combination of \r\n, \r, \n that I can think of, tried using single quotes and double quotes, concatenating the variables where necessary, tried it without the -f parameter, and as far as I can tell, the e-mail sends, because the if clause always redirects with a pass. Please point me to my stupidity.

Why is it redirecting to the error page if the mail sends successfully?

if(mail($to, $subject, $msg, $headers, "-f webmaster@aromaclear.co.uk")) {  header("Location: password_reset_redirect.php5?error=true".$email);  exit();} else {  header("Location: password_reset_redirect.php5?success=true".$email);  exit();}

Also, according to the RFC the mail body should be separated by only \n, while headers need a CrLf (\r\n).

Ha, I have my conditions backwards! That's good news. So, what about the $to and $subject parts - do they need \r\n or \n or nothing?

Fixed - thanks, my man. I can usually churn out big fairly (for me) complex scripts in no time, but the little things trip me up. Muchos gracies.

Archived