Need To Change Background Color On My Site

behnazutx

I am using a div based layout for the following site: http://westutteraustin.org, and I'd like to change the background color for everything outside of the container. This was the first site I handcoded from scratch. I'm still not sure how to implement this one change with CSS.Also, while we're at this, there's one more change I couldn't figure how to do. I'd like to create a little more whitespace (essentially reduce the sense of clutter) on the main content area of this site, which has a gray (#F6F6F6) background. I'd like to achieve this by increasing the white space before the text starts and after it ends. I'm not sure which property I would have to use: margin? cell spacing? cell padding? something else?

You can apply a background to the actual <body> tag.Use margin to increase whitespace.
Thanks for your reply. I should have clarified that I wanted to increase "gray space". In other words, in that main content on each page that has a gray background, I'd like some extra gray space before the text begins and after it ends. I think this is a property other than margin.

Archived