Substring For Selecting Only Last X No. Of Characters

Aussie Mike

Hi i have a counting number i continually recieve in messages the number is going to continue counting and adding digitse.g. <number>54321</number> will eventually be <number>654321</number> AND <number>987654321</number> and so on.What i want is only digits 1,2,and 3as the total length will change i cant use substring-after(//number,3,3) which would work for the first as when i hit 9 digits it would give a different result

Is it ensured that there are at least three digits? Then you can use e.g.substring(number, string-length(number) - 2)to extract the last three digits.
For one of the uses i need it for that is the case so i will use this thanks.But for another it could be from 1-8 digits then it recycles and can only take 5 of them. Must be the last 5Thanks

You could use xsl:choose to react based on the length. E.g.

<xsl:variable name="strlen" select="string-length(number)" /><xsl:choose>	<xsl:when test="$strlen < 8 and $strlen > 1">		<xsl:value-of select="substring(number, $strlen - 5)" />	</xsl:when>	<xsl:otherwise>		<xsl:value-of select="substring(number, $strlen - 2)" />	</xsl:otherwise></xsl:choose>

You could use xsl:choose to react based on the length. E.g.
<xsl:variable name="strlen" select="string-length(number)" /><xsl:choose>	<xsl:when test="$strlen < 8 and $strlen > 1">		<xsl:value-of select="substring(number, $strlen - 5)" />	</xsl:when>	<xsl:otherwise>		<xsl:value-of select="substring(number, $strlen - 2)" />	</xsl:otherwise></xsl:choose>

Brilliant...!! Needed to tweak the numbers. When there was 1 digit or 8 digits it gave empty value, and it was outputting 6 not 5 digits. <xsl:when test="$strlen < 9 and $strlen > 0"> <xsl:value-of select="substring(//deal_no, $strlen - 4)" />Thanks again

Archived