stretch background image

Guest cai

hi!I'm having a trouble putting background image in a webpage.At first i tried to use a simple html code but the image appeared to be tiled.So I tried to use CSS below is the line of code i've used.<style type="text/css">body{background-image: url("images/background.jpg");background-repeat: no-repeat;background-attachment: fixed}</style>...the problem with this CSS code the images doesn't stretch out to the whole screen..Is there anyway where I can make the image stretched?please help thanks!

Hey cai,By my knowledge you cannot stretch a background image. Only way is to tile the background image and that would take all the background. Only way is to use an image editing program and change to the desired size.

hi!I'm having a trouble putting background image in a webpage.At first i tried to use a simple html code but the image appeared to be tiled.So I tried to use CSS below is the line of code i've used.<style type="text/css">body{background-image: url("images/background.jpg");background-repeat: no-repeat;background-attachment: fixed}</style>...the problem with this CSS code the images doesn't stretch out to the whole screen..Is there anyway where I can make the image stretched?please help thanks!

Please note that this question has been answered several times. Please do a search before posting your questions.And no you cannot stretch a background image, you will have to tile it.

Background stretching will be possible in the final version of CSS 3.0, which currently is just a draft, and not a standard. It will probably be a few years.