Big Silk Design

bigsilk

I like the clean design and you didn't make the mistake (and pet-peeve) than many designers do - you didn't over design it.If I was forced to offer some criticism, the only thing I could suggest (with so little content in your template area) is to turn the template section into a case study narrative or if that doesn't apply, the narrate something like what you were thinking when design the look and feel, etc.

I have to say the copyright notice sticking out the right like that looks a bit weird (Chrome 3.0 / Windows) - maybe bring it back into alignment with the header. A bit of a gap between the menu and content wouldn't go amiss either.A nicer error message on the contact form would be good too.

I really like what is happening in the background. I'd like to see what the design would look like if you took the green rectangle out, and continued with the subtle background design with the title still bold. If not that, I'd like to see what the background design (circular pattern) looks like if you took the rectangle out and continued it with a subtle green.As a whole the design looks very nice though. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, everyone. I was trying hard to incorporate as much of my newly acquired knowledge of CSS without 'jerking-off' all over the site. We've all seen it, like people who make fliers at work and use every font in the book...That rounded corner box is all CSS. I suppose I could make it a bit smaller, expose more of the page.Right now I'm working on making 30 (yeah, thirty) 12-page templates for a guy who's introducing a new service for the iPhone. I'll definitely be occupying more of that template page.As a matter of such, I'm probably not going to be doing a whole lotta work on my personal site for a while. It just might get a 'gone fishing' page until then.Again, thanks for the critiques and the kind words both.Surely you'll be seeing me in the AAAaaauuuggghhh! HELP! pages in the very near future.Adam

Archived