Getting Variable Value

sairfan1

Hii have some url like this www.somename.com?myvar=100&myvar2=120i want to get value of variable named myvar through a client side java script function like thisfunction getVal(){ alert(<how to get value of myvar?>);}how can i get value of first or second variable.thanking you in advancergds

The entire querystring can be found in the window.location.search property. You can use string matching to figure out individual variables.

q = window.location.search.substring(1);get = new Array();q = q.split("&");for (part in q) {	i = q[part];	i = i.split("=");	get[i[0]] = i[1];}//now all elements are as indexes of get, and can be accessed e.g. get["myvar"]

I use the search part of the url for adressing,like this: www.myWebsite.com/index.html?start&message=this-page-is-ready&to=main&endand i get it so

var to;var message;function getTo(){to=window.location.search.slice(window.location.search.search('&to') + 3,window.location.search.search('&end'));}function getMessage(){message=window.location.search.slice(window.location.search.search('start&') + 6,window.location.search.search('&to'));}function writeMessage(){document.getElementById('to').innerHTML=to;document.getElementById('message').innerHTML=message;}function correct(){document.body.innerHTML=document.body.innerHTML.replace(/-/gi " ");}

the html code looks like this

<center><h2>Redirect</h2><p>To: <div id="to" /></p><p>Comment: <div id="message" /></p></center>

and the output would be like this

RedirectTo: mainComment: this page is ready

there could be some errors but it works just fine for me

Archived