Problem To Send Email With Attachment By Using 'mailto'

abhi_w3schools

Hi Everyone,I have faced a problem during my project which is as follows:I have used 'mailto' in my javascript for sending email with attachment.i have used following code:<'mailto:abhishek.nath@xxx.com?subject=Software&body=see attachment&attachment=C:/tools/mailto.txt'>This code added mail subject and body but not attached the file.Then i have used the following codes:<'mailto:abhishek.nath@xxx.com?subject=Software&body=see attachment&attachment="C:/tools/mailto.txt"'><'mailto:abhishek.nath@xxx.com?subject=Software&body=see attachment&attachment=""C:/tools/mailto.txt""'>On the above both cases, shows same error:<The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using.>I can't find any way to resolve this problem, although i have to send mail with attachment by using 'mailto'. :)Please suggest me for my further development.Bye

How did you use that code?Anyway, it is highly unlikely that you can use a client-side script like that to send mail, because it's highly insecure, not to mention entirely platform dependent.

Archived