Automate <ul> Process

petrolh34d

Say if I wanted to turn these lines into an unordered list, is there any way to do this without manually adding the tags?Rover Group Austin Metro 1.0, 1.3 80-5/90Rover Group MG Metro 1.3 82-5/90Rover Group MG Metro 1.3 Turbo 82-5/90Rover Group Mini 850, 1000, Clubman 69-80Rover Group Mini 1000 Manual (->ch.239250) 80-84Rover Group Mini 1000 Automatic

Well, you can search for '\n' and replace it with "</li>\n<li>". Then you'll have to add some <ul> tags and remove the extra </li>. Most text editors have a search and replace function.

I'm not sure if notepad supports it.What you would do is open the "Replace..." option and search for the following:

Find: \nReplace: </li>\n<li>
Does the list really contain so many elements? If it's as short as the one you've displayed, you could have done it manually by now.

You have to use a multiline-regular-expression supporting editor, for example PSPad with the Multiline search / replace extension. You definitely can't do it in a WYSIWYG editor.

I managed to use PSPad to accomplish this.You guys are life savers. I've been asking this question on various forums for a while, but you're the first ones to solve it.Thanks very much to you both.Does this thread have to marked as fixed now?
Nope, but your post back that your issues is resolved helps out folks who search/find this thread. We typically leave these posts open so they can be resurrected if others encounter a very similar issue.:)

Archived