Sub Menu Items Appear Behind Asp Server Controls Rather Than On Top

AndyMoireASP

HiI have a small problem where the sub menu items appear behind my server controls on the screen, and I don't how to correct the problem. Basically, when I roll mouse over the asp:menu control on a link, the sub menu appears, but if there is another control on the page, such a text box, or a label or even a gridview, rather than laying on top those controls, thus making the sub menu items all visible, the sub menu appears behind them instead.My mark up is below, and I really do need some help, because I am stumped!<asp:menu id="MenuList" runat="server" CssClass="MenuStyle" StaticMenuItemStyle-CssClass="MenuStatic"><DynamicHoverStyle CssClass="DHoverStyle"/><DynamicSelectedStyle CssClass="DSStyle"/><DynamicMenuItemStyle CssClass="DMenuStyle"/><StaticHoverStyle CssClass="MenuHoverStyle"/></asp:menu>.MenuStyle{width:100%;top:1%;left:0;min-width:9em;}.MenuStatic{color:white;}.DHoverStyle{color:white;width:100%;}.DSStyle{background-color:silver;color:white;padding:0.1em;padding-top:0.1em;}.DMenuStyle{width:100%;color:white;}.MenuHoverStyle{background-color:silver;color:white;}Thanks

Give the parent element of the menu items z-index: 10; (it could be any number as long as it's higher than the element you want it to show over).

Wow, I actually helped someone...I spent the whole of yesterday posting such useless replies that I figured it was time to take me out the back and do the humane thing.

Archived