Msn Browser?

Elemental

Hey Folks, I was visiting a friend of mine and she uses the MSN browser.First question is, am I even correct in saying that, MSN Browser?If yes, is the MSN Browser similar to the AOL one that actually uses IE but with a different facade, or GUI, is that correct?Her images, or rather the PNG and GIF images are not being supported correctly, they render as if I was viewing them with IE6, no transparencies.Any help on this would be much appreciated.Peace,Elemental

IE can't be uninstalled, so... does she also have IE6? If so, then MSN Explorer is going to use the IE6 engine. If she has IE8, it's going to use the IE8 rendering engine (and without the compatibility view button btw).

IE can't be uninstalled, so... does she also have IE6? If so, then MSN Explorer is going to use the IE6 engine. If she has IE8, it's going to use the IE8 rendering engine (and without the compatibility view button btw).
boen_robot, Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.So, then, the simple fix would seem to update her browser. I didn't have time to check if she had updates set to auto, but I think it's a safe bet to assuming that she still has IE6 installed. Assuming the answer is yes, is there a separate setting on MSN for updates or is this to be handled by IE regardless?Peace,Elemental

MSN Explorer uses whatever IE engine is installed, so yeah. Updating IE is also going to update MSN Explorer.

MSN Explorer uses whatever IE engine is installed, so yeah. Updating IE is also going to update MSN Explorer.
Domo Arigato, boen_robot-san.

Archived