Javascript Horizontal Scrollers

moin_netset

Hi everyone I have been reading this for weeks now it has solved lot of my brain racking of the question "How"I have visited lot a of websites and found an horizontal image scroller which *automatically move on image in one direction*but when the mouse is moved on the horizontal scroller it follows the direction of the mouse, *some even enlarge on mouseover event and *also have facility of forward and backward button *along with the hyperlink to each image for days I have been banging my head, how to make such a horizontal scroller with all the features in itI need your Expertise If anyone can help kindly reply me

It's a whole lot to program but is composed of a lot of simpler actions.In order to do this properly, use addEventListener() and attachEvent() rather than "onmousemove" or "onmouseover".

• Automatically move on image in one direction:You would use setTimeout or setInterval to update the position of the element on each instant
  • But when the mouse is moved on the horizontal scroller it follows the direction of the mouse:You use the mouseover event to activate this mode with a boolean variable. Then use the mousemove event to detect which way the mouse has moved and move the scroller with it.
  • Some even enlarge on mouseover event:That's quite simple: update the size when the mouse is over, revert it when the mouse goes out.
  • Also have facility of forward and backward button:Buttons are easier to program than tracking the mouse. You need to just use setInterval or setTimeout to run a function that keeps updating the position after a mousedown event and to deactivate it after the mouseup event.
  • Along with the hyperlink to each image:A hyperlink is nothing more than an HTML element, it's the simplest part to make.

It's a whole lot to program but is composed of a lot of simpler actions.In order to do this properly, use addEventListener() and attachEvent() rather than "onmousemove" or "onmouseover".
  • Automatically move on image in one direction:You would use setTimeout or setInterval to update the position of the element on each instant
  • But when the mouse is moved on the horizontal scroller it follows the direction of the mouse:You use the mouseover event to activate this mode with a boolean variable. Then use the mousemove event to detect which way the mouse has moved and move the scroller with it.
  • Some even enlarge on mouseover event:That's quite simple: update the size when the mouse is over, revert it when the mouse goes out.
  • Also have facility of forward and backward button:Buttons are easier to program than tracking the mouse. You need to just use setInterval or setTimeout to run a function that keeps updating the position after a mousedown event and to deactivate it after the mouseup event.
  • Along with the hyperlink to each image:A hyperlink is nothing more than an HTML element, it's the simplest part to make.

thank you I have started working on your guidelinesbut still I dont have indept knowledge of javascriptI might need some more knowledge from you

Archived