Where To Post Wap Questions

dcarico

I am building WAP sites. My webserver uses ASP and I have a site up and running. I get quite a bit a traffic to the site through mobile phones and was trying to post a Google Adsense ASP script code to the site but it does not show up on the phone's browser.Does anyone know where in this forum the WAP experts hang out?Thanks

Hmm, WAP is quite an old and not very used technology these days. I've looked through the tutorial and learnt about it, but it's a very simple language that only allows for limited things.A standard compliant XHTML 1.1 page will work correctly on most modern phones these days.

Hmm, WAP is quite an old and not very used technology these days. I've looked through the tutorial and learnt about it, but it's a very simple language that only allows for limited things.A standard compliant XHTML 1.1 page will work correctly on most modern phones these days.
I manage a small wireless cell phone company and we mostly deal with reburbished models with old browsers. I thought my sites HAD to be built in WML so that what I have been doing. I will test one with html and see what happens. I fear the older models won't be able to display the site.I am guessing the reason I can't get the Google adsense code to show up is that the phone cannot process the script on the page. But I thought the server should be processing the script on the page and just display the results on the phone. Isn't that the deal?Here is the top of the nfl wap site<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en"><head><title>NFL.com Home</title>This displays properly on my phone and it is written in xml. I am testing with a RAZR though and its fairly new. I should check with one of my older models... Edited by dcarico

Google adsense uses Javascript, which is a client-side technology.Don't use HTML, for mobile devices it should be XHTML 1.1 and must validate on the W3C Validator as well.
I reread your post and your comment about Javascript being client side technology is critical. My phones are brew only and will not run Javascipt. (Verizon)Thanks,Dean