Receive Return Value From Seach Page?

cit

A PHP-page have forms and works as an interface to a mysql database. Some fields need values from an other page where the user can search for correct information. Since there are several thousand possible legal values for these fields, drop drown boxes do not seem suitable for the purpose. Therefore a new page with search function is needed. "Onclick=..." or "action=..." in the form seems suitable to call for the seach page. The challenge occur when selected information in the seach page shall be returned and received. In this context only one numeric value have to be return from the seach page. The return values can of cause be contained in global variables. Suppose some new information shall be inserted into the database, and that the form in the start page already has some filled fields. Receiving new values in a field give the challenge I do not know how to solve. If I write $field=$_REQUEST['foundvalue'];the start page is still not submitted, and the value do no seem to be received. In other cases this start page already cointain information from the database and do only in some cases need to be changed with other values from the search page. Perhaps this should be in an other way? Can anybody help me? Thanks.CitP.S. Please excuse my bad language, I'm not english.

Archived