Xslt Header/footer For Word

Guest loukia

Hello,I want to create a word 2003 type document (.doc). I have a xml file and a xslt file. The first one has the data the second has the style. Then I combine these two through my c# code and create the doc file.Can you please help me into solving the below issues concerning the xslt?1)how can I define how big are the page margins?(top bottom left and right?)2)how can I define what is written in each page’s header and footer (I want all pages to have the same header and footer which will be a text that I will enter hardcoded)Thank you very much for your help in advance

Exactly what does the markup you want to output look without those things? Are you outputting WordML (MS Word's pseudo documents), OOXML (Open Office's XML) or "Open XML" (MS Office 2007's "docx" contents)?XSLT can't output "binary" contents. It can only output XML and text contents. Technically speaking, a "text" may represent binary data, but you'll have to be pretty clever to be able to output anything like that.Regadless of which format you want to use, you need to look up how it's normally done on MSDN's format reference. From then on, making XSLT do it should be relatively easy.

Archived