Prompt Dialog Box Problem!

gautamshaw

I am very new to Java Script.......i tried this code:<script language="javascript">function Dialog_Box(){ var a=confirm("Do you want to continue?") { if(a==true) { var b = prompt("Is 2 a prime number?","Answer") if(b!=null && b!="") { if(b.touppercase()=="Yes") { alert("You are right") } else { alert("You are wrong") } } } } }</script>But its not working properly.........i am having problems with the innermost if-else statement;i.e with this part of my code: if(b.touppercase()=="Yes") { alert("You are right") } else { alert("You are wrong") }If the user enters yes to the to the textbox present in the prompt dilog box then i want to show the alert("You are right") else alert("You are wrong")........i need some help in this.......thanks a lot

i removed all the { }Here is my code:<script language="javascript">function Dialog_Box(){var a=confirm("Do you want to continue?")if(a==true)var b = prompt("Is 2 a prime number?","Yes or no?")if(b!=null && b!="") if(b.touppercase=="YES")alert("You are right")elsealert("You are wrong") }</script>Still it did not work properly

you didn't need to remove all the {'s ad }'s, just the one before the first if statement,look at the following examples,

function wrong(){var wrongA=confirm("Is this wrong?");{if(wrongA=="true"){alert("Correct!")}else{alert("Wrong!")}}}function wright(){var wrightA=confirm("Is this wright?")if (wrightA=="true"){alert("Correct!")}else{alert("Wrong!")}}

see the difference?

<script type="text/javascript">function Dialog_Box(){  var a=confirm("Do you want to continue?")  if(a==true)  {	var b = prompt("Is 2 a prime number?","Yes or no?")	if(b!=null && b!="") 	{	  if(b.toUpperCase()=="YES")		alert("You are right")	  else		alert("You are wrong") 	}  }}</script>

Indenting goes a long way towards helping you figure out the structure of the code.

Archived