Update + Add

ChidoriSoul

Hello. I am currently trying to run a site where you can randomly find some "credits" on the ground.I am currently trying to make a system where a user finds them, then it adds a set amount (5) to a field in my database. So if a user has 100 credits, then goes on the page, he/she would now have 105. Anyone to help me with this?

"UPDATE credit SET amount = amount+5 WHERE userid = $_SESSION["userid"]";Change field names to match the ones in the table, and however you identify the user. If you are saving this in a table with the field for credit already in existence even if empty, that's fine. If you are saving the credit in a new table, then you will need to check if they have a record already. If not, you need to create one, if so, you need to update. I just discovered a new condition - ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE, which allows you to do both at once - if there is already a row with the unique index set, the table is updated, otherwise a new row is made.Definately worth checking out for this unless the field is already in another table which, by design, has a record for the user.

Archived