I Need Html Source Code

droberii

I'm building a petition website by writing 100% of the HTML source code myself. I need the source code for the form on which people enter and submit their information on other petition websites. I want to put that exact form on my site. Also, when people enter and submit their information on my site I want the site to save the information. I also want to put a link on my site that when clicked will take people to the actual list of names. I want that link to say CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LIST OF NAMES. I also want to put a counter on the site which will keep track of the number of entries. I want that to say THERE ARE (AMOUNT HERE) NAMES IN THE LIST. I'll need source code to generate the amount.

Wow, that's a lot. You best get cracking!

I'm sorry, but for petitions (and other user submitted content) you'll have to use PHP and a database (MySQL).I can help you if you want, but your server must have PHP enabled and give you the ability to use databases.Only few free hosts offer this, so that can be your first problem.Also, you say your building it by writing 100% of the HTML code yourself, but then you ask us to provide you with the code..

I'm sorry, but for petitions (and other user submitted content) you'll have to use PHP and a database (MySQL).I can help you if you want, but your server must have PHP enabled and give you the ability to use databases.Only few free hosts offer this, so that can be your first problem.Also, you say your building it by writing 100% of the HTML code yourself, but then you ask us to provide you with the code..
When I build websites I don't use templates. I write the HTML source code. I don't know the code for everything and that's when I need help. Also, I've heard of PHP and MySQL but I don't know anything about either one.

I would like to take you up on your offer to help me build a database for my site. I just got done reading alittle about PHP and MySQL and what I read said that PHP must be installed on the web server. I, personally, do not have a server. I will be using Yahoo's web hosting service. They do not limit the size of their customers' websites.

I would like to take you up on your offer to help me build a database for my site. I just got done reading alittle about PHP and MySQL and what I read said that PHP must be installed on the web server. I, personally, do not have a server. I will be using Yahoo's web hosting service. They do not limit the size of their customers' websites.
you should go ahead and find out if they do support it. I think someone else posted here recently and they had a website hosted with Yahoo and they were asking about mial() and they had it, so you might be good on that end. But you know, double check, I might be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
The website GoDaddy.com's web hosting servers are PHP enabled. I'm gonna use their service.

Archived